Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tattoo

The way you used to look at me, the way you said my name.
The way you used to laugh and joke, I’ll never be the same.

The way we used to talk all day, & stay up late at night.
The way I used to get so jealous, & have our stupid little fights.

The things you used to say to me, the way it used to be.
I know I’ll never get it back, because I know you’re over me.

People hated us together, but we never gave it a thought.
I gave up everything I had for you, & you never gave it a second thought.

You took my heart in minutes from the first time I saw you.
From the first time I heard your voice, I fell hard and fast, & you knew it too.

You made me all these promises, I thought that you would keep.
But it’s obvious now, it was just me who believed.

 The day it ended, I’ll never forget.
Waking up the next morning, with my pillow soaking wet.

Crying myself to sleep, for days on end.
Wearing a fake smile, with a heart impossible to mend.

I know you’re done with those feelings, & never will think twice..

You’re name will be a permenent mark on my heart, for the rest of my life.

No comments: